Your Home Is Important, Make Sure It’s Protected
You have to ask yourself…
What would happen if a disaster struck your home tomorrow? Are you confident you’re properly covered for damages and total loss? Would you be required to pay some or all the repairs out of pocket?
These questions are crucial to address, because you can’t get insurance after a disaster strikes—and that can happen at anytime. More importantly, when you’re facing a crisis, you’ll feel less pressure knowing:
- Your representative took the time to make sure you have the right protection
- Your insurance carrier has your back.
What is Home Insurance for?
Home insurance covers the hazards that most homeowners face—everything from fire to theft, a cracked foundation to accidents on your property. When a loss occurs, you will file a claim with your insurance carrier and you are paid for the expenses, minus any outstanding deductible amounts.
Insurance also covers personal liability exposures, to protect you from many situations that could lead to lawsuits from others.
For instance, if someone slips and falls in your home, or is injured somewhere on your property, you can be held responsible. Liability coverage is there to protect you.
You could also potentially need insurance to protect you from having to pay for:
- Storm damage, fire, windstorm, lightning and hail, to name a few.
- Wind damage
- Flood damage
- Sewer or septic backups
- Replacement cost for personal property
- Umbrella liability insurance
When you see an independent insurance agent like Lyon & Butler Insurance Brokers Ltd, you have the chance to explore all your options for insurance, and protect the things that are most important to you.
Little known facts about Homeowners Insurance
There are many things about insuring a home that most consumers aren’t aware of. We are here to make sure you avoid potential problem areas, including:
- Most policies will not cover sewer back-up unless you purchase a special endorsement—it’s not expensive, but you won’t get it if you don’t ask for it
- Damages caused by surface water or water that flows below the surface of the ground aren’t usually covered
- A standard Homeowners policy typically does not include Flood Insurance
- A standard homeowner policy only covers jewelry up to set limits if the loss results from one of the perils named on the policy
- Many policies default to actual cash value, which means if you purchased a widescreen TV and home theater system for $1,000, it may now only be worth $450, so that’s all you’ll receive on the claim. Just like the dwelling limit mentioned above, replacement cost insurance pays out the total replacement value of your possessions, not their market value, in the event of a claim.
- IMPORTANT: You can combine your Home and Auto policies (and others) for even more savings.
Who Needs to Insure Their Homes?
- Frame houses
- CBS homes (Concrete Block Structure)
- Secondary homes
- Homes you rent to others
- Seasonal homes
- Even Woodbridge residents that only rent should make sure they have the right kind of renters insurance in place.
The Lyon & Butler Difference
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for …
… While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy.
We’re your neighbours. We protect people we know and care about and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Click on the quote request button now and let the professionals at Lyon & Butler Insurance Brokers Ltd help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you care about most.